Internationally renowned race track designers
Our experience spans from winning championships, operating leading race and country club venues, international FIA/FIM race track design and supervising race track construction.
As members of the FIA Industry Working Group, we benefit from access to the latest race circuit guidelines and are well placed to assist clients in all areas of race circuit and kart track developments.
Our services range from initial site searches, concept strategy, feasibility, fund raising, planning, detailed race track design, technical specifications, FIA, FIM and CIK governing body approval, construction supervision and venue operation.
Finding and acquiring a site for a race circuit is usually a make or break decision at the start of a project. Driven can assist in evaluating property for motorsport developments prior to committing to a project.
- Site option appraisals
- Physical site inspections
- Advice on land size requirements for motorsport venues
- Developing a coherent design briefand appointing a team to develop your motorsport venue
CONCEPT STRATEGY, FEASIBILITY
AND BUSINESS PLANNING
Our team have international experience in developing market appropriate strategies, supported by feasibility studies, business plans and investment portfolios from karting tracks, motorsport country clubs and international racing tracks.
- Understanding your vision and design brief
- Benchmarking of facilities and advice on size, scale and type
of track to design and build
- Market feasibility studies and concept strategy
- Profit and Loss forecasts including race track build costs, sales revenue and operational costs
- Investment memorandums and business plans
- Support during project presentations to investors, government authorities and stakeholder
To accommodate the demands of day to day use, or major motorsport events, it is important to consider the whole site and the customer experience as soon as a visitor arrives at the venue gate.
Driven has experience in developing logical master planning solutions, providing a sound basis for land utilisation, infrastructure engineering and architectural landscape for a range of different motorsports facilities. We can provide:
- Land zoning strategies
- 1/2000 Concept Master plans
- 1/500 Detailed Master plans
- Transport and Parking strategies
- Landscaping strategy
- Concept architectural designs
- Security and major race event overlay plans
- Complementary land use planning for other leisure, sports, retail or businesses
RACE TRACK DESIGN
Designing a race track to suit your land and business requirements is a key recipe for the success of a project.
Over or under engineering a track could influence costs, safety and result in a poor experience for customers. Driven spend time up-front discussing your vision, before providing race track design solutions to international circuit standards, ranging from leisure karting tracks through to FIA homologated circuit designs.
- Initial land zoning and concept strategy
- Race track and site Master Planning
- Concept race track design layouts
- Race Track 3D visualization
- Virtual reality race circuit animations
- Driver-in-Loop circuit simulation and Data Analysis
- Detailed track design and civil engineering
- Track-side equipment specifications for Fences, Kerbs, Barriers, Lighting
- FIA, FIM, CIK, SCCA approval design packages
- Technical specifications for track safety and operational equipment.
RACE TRACK SIMULATION DATA ANALYSIS
Using our in-house simulator tools, Driven can evaluate new or existing track designs using real world vehicle data ranging from performance road cars, SUV’s and single seater categories from F4 to F1.
Our simulation analysis is shared with clients to make joint informed design decisions about their tracks such as refining the circuit layout and checking the appropriate run off areas and safety barriers are considered. Similar to using a race car data logging system, we analyze the following data around the circuit:
- Vehicle speed : distance trace, with supporting track map
- Throttle %
- Steering angles
- G-forces (Longitudinal / Lateral)
- Lap and sector times
FIM / FIA APPROVALS
As affiliates of the FIA industry working group, Driven are able to design and make formal submissions to the governing bodies, working to the latest international guidelines.
Driven International can prepare and submit track homologation design packages to meet the requirements of Formula 1, MotoGP, World Superbike, Saloon cars, karting, rallycross and temporary race tracks.
- FIA Grade 1 – 4 (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile)
- FIA Grade 6R (World Rallycross)
- FIM Grade A, B, C (Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme)
- CIK (Commission Internationale de Karting)
- SCCA (Sports Car Club of America)
- IOPD International Organisation of Professional Drivers
Operational planning and training
Our team have operated some of the most exclusive tracks in the World. Driven can prepare operational plans for new and existing race track venues.
- Operator input during design and business planning
- Standard Operating Procedures for kart circuit and motor racing venues
- Major event planning and organization
- Operational audits
- Onsite staff training
- Identification of suppliers, tender and selection of race track operational equipment such as electronics, timing, karts, clothing and helmets etc.
- Venue operation and management
EXPERT WITNESS AND
INDEPENDENT SAFETY REVIEWS
Driven International have been commissioned by insurance companies, automotive brands and race track owners to assist with independent safety reviews, audits and design alterations to assess and improve race track venue safety.
- Track speed simulationsusing real vehicle data
- Safety barrier reviews against international (US and European) vehicle restraint and motorsport safety guidelines
- Independent race track inspectionsand reports
- Race Track Risk Assessments
- Venue wide health and safetyaudits by IOSH professionals
- Expert Witnessservices
- Race track accident investigationand reviews
Use of our in-house virtual reality suite allows our clients to be involved in the development of, and experience, their own race circuit venue in a 3D virtual world during the design process.
- Driver-in-the-Loopfeedback on new circuit layouts
- Immersive client reviewsof their own track layout
- Allows quickand easy changes to be made prior to construction
- Footage used pressand marketing purposes
- Ability to run simulator racingevents and competitions
FEATURED MOTORSPORT PROJECT
Driven were appointed by the world-famous Silverstone Circuit to design a new FIA world rallycross track. The track was constructed in early 2017 and has successfully hosted rounds of the British, American and FIA World Rallycross Championship since May 2018.
MOTOFEST STREET CIRCUIT
WE WILL BE IN TOUCH
Driven by passion our personable team offers a combination of creative design, engineering and architecture.
Contact us to discuss how we can help with your project.
Driven International Ltd.
Landmark House, Station Road
Hook, RG27 9HA, UK
UK: 0044 1256 767766
USA: 001 706 870 3743
Driven International Ltd.
Hook, RG27 9HA
UK: 0044 1256 767766
USA: 001 706 870 3743